5 in. x 5/8-11 POLIFAN® CURVE Flap Disc, SGP, Zirconia, 40 GritPart # 69908031646
POLIFAN®-CURVE is a PFERD innovation designed to quickly achieve a smooth, consistent surface finish on fillet welds. The unique radial construction shape (PFR) offers a superior solution for this common task.
- Tough and aggressive – removes scale and bead from all metals: steel, stainless steel (INOX), aluminum and alloys.
- Works faster than grinding wheels without the risk of undercutting the workpiece.
- Precise grinding out of fillet welds provides a superior surface finish.
- Smooth finish allows easy visual inspection for defects, such as porosity and inclusions.
- Ideal for repair applications to remove defects without damage to adjacent areas. Leaves ample room for new weld bead.
- Excellent tool life, including the radius edge of the disc.
- Multi-purpose – may be used as a conventional flap disc, and also for underhand applications using the top of the disc.
POLIFAN® SGP ZIRKON-CURVE offers fast material removal of Steel with a good surface finish and extended service life.
- Abrasive: Zirconia Alumina Z
- Grit size: 40
- Ideal for: Steel
- Suitable for: Stainless Steel (INOX)
- Application: Fillet weld grinding, chamfering, deburring
- Recommendation for Use: The best results are achieved on high-performance angle grinders.
Available in two thicknesses:
- Medium for fillet weld widths > 3/16”(5 mm)
- Large for fillet weld widths > 5/16” (8 mm)